Advertisement

Woman celebrating her birthday ‘poisoned by restaurant napkin’

A Texas woman says a napkin stuck in her car door handle likely poisoned her
A Texas woman says a napkin stuck in her car door handle likely poisoned her (Picture: FOX26 / Facebook)

A Texas woman was rushed to the hospital after she touched a napkin left on her car door that was apparently poisoned while out celebrating her birthday.

Erin Mims was celebrating her birthday at a restaurant in Houston on Thursday with her husband when they left and found a napkin wedged in the handle of her car door, she told Fox 26.

‘I didn’t think nothing of it, I just threw it out,’ Mims said. ‘I opened the door with the tips of my fingers. I asked my husband, did you put a napkin in the door? And he said no.’

Mims went back inside the restaurant to wash her hands before leaving. Soon after the pair drove away, she started feeling intense tingles in her hand and arm.

‘Maybe five minutes, my whole arm started tingling and feeling numb. I couldn’t breathe,’ she said. ‘I started getting hot flashes, my chest was hurting, my heart was beating really fast.’

Her husband immediately rushed her to a nearby hospital, where a doctor said what had happened almost sounded like an attempted kidnapping.

‘They said my vitals were all over the place. The doctor came in, and told me it wasn’t enough in my system to determine what it was, but said it was acute poisoning from an unknown substance.’

Doctors ran urine samples, did blood tests and conducted a CAT scan on Mims before making the alarming conclusion. So shaken from the experience, Mims decided to share what had happened on social media in a post that has since gone viral.

‘What started off as a great day turned into being one of the scariest moments of my life,’ Mims said in the viral video.

Describing herself as a ‘germaphobe,’ Mims said she wouldn’t normally touch a stray piece of garbage but thought her husband may have put it in the car door as a joke.

Even after she went back into the restaurant to wash her hands, she began to feel tingles in her fingertips, which then spread to her whole arm.

Her husband then called 911 and drove her to the nearest hospital, where she stayed for about six and a half hours.

Doctors told Mim she did not have enough of the poison in her system for them to be able to determine exactly what it was.

‘Just that little amount had me messed up,’ she said in the video. ‘So I’m just recording this to let you all know to be careful.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post